29 October 2012

We can rebuild it - Pleat Bag made over

Do you remember the Pleat Bag I made from the Lisa Lam pattern I found at her great website?  I loved it but it was a lot of work.  Heaps of pleats, external straps and a split edge which takes a bit more work when you insert the lining. For the modified versions I only used two pleats, straps inserted in the top seam and a normal straight top edge.  Here is the original.


And here are two examples of a simplified version that use the pleat idea but are a lot faster to make.  The photos aren't true to colour sorry, no sun today.

  
Yellow tweedy cotton and a rayon lining. 
This fabric was quite stiff and held the shape well.



Red gaberdine with brown and red polka dot lining.
The first time I have used a knit fabric for lining and it worked well. 


A better look at the linings.
 I'm really pleased with the results, but it was worth making the first bag to understand what made it look so good.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment